Board of Supervisors 7PM – 8/2/21
REGULAR MEETING August 2, 2021
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS 7:00 P.M.
721 Unionville Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
- CALL TO ORDER
Present: Township Staff & Consultants:
Chairman McKinstry Ryan Jennings, Township Solicitor
Vice-Chair Monahan Lisa Donlon, Township Engineer
Supervisor Sarro Neil Lovekin, Township Manager
Supervisor Vannote Hannah Christopher, Township Treasurer
Supervisor Matuszak Jeff Simpson, Public Works Director
- PUBLIC CONDITONAL USE HEARING
Attorney John Jaros represented 802 East Baltimore Pike for the Public Conditional use hearing. Solicitor Jennings opened the hearing and said the applicant is seeking conditional use approval from the township board of supervisors pursuant to 902.C and 2008 of the East Marlborough Township Zoning ordinances, to amend a June 3, 2019 conditional use approval (with conditions) in order to (i) replace the previously proposed and approved bank with drive through facility with a restaurant/restaurant take out facility; and (ii) and amend the footprint of the previously proposed and approved gasoline service station and retail facility. The conditional use hearing was advertised in the July 14, 2021, and July 21, 2021, editions of the Daily Local News as required as well posted on the township website. Attorney Jaros proposed a continuance to reappear before the planning commission and to set the conditional use hearing on September 2nd at 7 p.m.
- PUBLIC COMMENT
There was no public comment. Chairman McKinstry announced that before the meeting tonight Olympian Justin Best was presented with a proclamation honoring his participation in the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
- Upcoming Events:
An executive session will be held after tonight’s meeting to discuss personnel matters.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-30
Supervisor Matuszak made a motion to approve resolution number 2021-30 providing for supplemental appropriations for the 2021 budget for the American Rescue Funds. Supervisor Vannote seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve resolution number 2021-31; termination of emergency declaration for coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- CONTINUING BUSINESS
- Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve resolution number 2021-32; Longwood Preserve letter of credit 21-06 and to authorize a release of Phase 2, Escrow #3 for Longwood Preserve in the amount of $304,780.85 as recommended by Engineer Donlon. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0
- Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve Escrow release #21 for phase 1 a/b for Northridge and phase 2 Escrow release #9 in the amount of $63,584 and $137,261.65 respectively as recommended by Engineer Donlon. Supervisor Matuszak seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Matuszak authorized an escrow release #6 in the amount of $197,512.39 for UCFSD as recommended by Engineer Donlon. Supervisor Vannote seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to authorize to advertise 1 vacancy on the historic commission. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Vannote made a motion to accept Mary nell Ferry’s resignation from the planning commission and to authorize to advertise 1 vacancy on the planning commission. Vice Chair Monahan seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- PUBLIC WORKS REPORT
Public Works Director Jeff Simpson gave an update on the status of the chipper and the East Locust Bridge.
- The minutes were unanimously approved for July, 2021 with a vote of 5-0
11. TREASURERS REPORT AND MONTHLY BILLS
A motion was made by Supervisor Sarro to approve the treasurers report and monthly bills for the month of July 2021. Supervisor Matuszak seconded; motion carried 5-0.
All business having been discussed, a motion was made by Supervisor Sarro, seconded by Supervisor Vannote, and carried by a vote of 5-0 to adjourn the meeting at 8:46 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Hannah Christopher, Treasurer/Assistant Township ManagerBOS Agenda 8-2-2021