Unionville Community Visioning
Help shape the future of your community.
On October 20th, 2022, between 6:30 and 8:00pm the Brandywine Conservancy will be hosting a Community Visioning event at the Unionville High School Library to seek your input on what issues are most important to you and the community in which you live. Input received during the event will help shape recommendations in the updated Unionville Area Regional Comprehensive Plan. Stop by anytime between 6:30 and 8:00pm. There is no formal presentation, allowing members to attend at their own convenience.
In addition, please take our community survey to provide your input.
Welcome to East Marlborough!
- Where do I pay my taxes? Property/Real Estate Taxes: East Marlborough Township uses Berkheimer to collect the township Real Estate Tax. The tax rate for East Marlborough is 2.183. Bills are mailed in early March. Residents receive a 2% discount if taxes are paid before May 1st and are assessed a 10% penalty if they are paid after July 1st.
- How do I contact the East Marlborough Police? East Marlborough has a part-time police department so in an emergency call 911. Please call 610-444-5075 to reach the police department for non-emergency issues.
- When do I need a permit from the Township? East Marlborough Township requires building permits for most construction projects. Permits are required to ensure that all construction activities meet the requirements of the ICC Building Codes. Examples of projects that require permits include: Stand-by Generators, Decks, Alterations that require moving any plumbing drain or electrical. Downloadable permits can be found under the Permit & Forms Tab. Please contact Charlie Shock at 610-220-9294.
- Is recycling required? Residents must separate recyclable materials from other waste. Recyclables include: metal food and beverage containers and empty aerosol cans clear and colored glass plastics #1-3, 5 and 7, newspapers, cardboard, etc
- Who handles snow removal- East Marlborough Township is responsible for the maintenance and clearing of snow on Township and State roads. In some communities, private contractors are hired to remove snow from common areas, sidewalks, etc. Please contact your Homeowners Association for more information. If you live in a new community in which the roads have not yet been dedicated, a private contractor will handle snow removal until such time as the Township accepts dedication of the roads.
- Are public water and sewer available in East Marlborough Township? Approximately half of the township is connected to the East Marlborough Township Sewer Company, the rest are serviced by on-site septic systems. Both Aqua PA and Chester Water have water lines that run through the township but only about half of the township is connected, the remainder have on-site wells.
- Who provides utility services in East Marlborough Township? Electric and natural gas services are provided by PECO: 1-800-494-4000. Comcast and Verizon have franchise agreements to provide cable and internet services in East Marlborough Township. Comcast: 1-800-XFINITY, Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON
- Does the township provide trash removal service? No, it is the responsibility of individual property owners to arrange for their own trash pickup. Residents must hire a private trash hauler who will pick up recyclables and trash at least once a week.
- Are there recreation opportunities in East Marlborough Township? The newly opened Unionville Community Park has a mile of paved walking trails as well as a picnic pavilion and tot lot. The Kennett Area YMCA offers a variety of sports leagues and exercise options. The Unionville Recreation Association (URA) youth sports programs include Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse (Boys and Girls), Field Hockey, and Basketball (Boys and Girls). KAU is a Little League program that is open to players who reside in both the Unionville-Chadds Ford and Kennett Consolidated School Districts. The Little League Program is designed for players of all skill levels and age groups. Kennett Area Parks and Recreation (KAPRB.com) offers recreational opportunities for youth in the area. Southern Chester County Soccer Association (SCCSA) holds Spring and Fall Recreation Soccer Leagues as well as competitive travel teams.
- Pets must remain confined to the owner’s property or under control of the owner at all times. The SPCA enforces township pet regulations. To contact the SPCA, call (610) 692-6113.
- Fire Marshal-Dan Jenkins-United Inspections Agency and Robert Clarke is the Assistant
- CCSWA website
State vs. Township vs. Private Roads
STATE Roads in East Marlborough Township include:
- East & West Street Road (Rt. 926)
- Unionville-Wawaset Road (Rt. 842E)
- Upland Road (Rt. 842W)
- Lenape Road (Rt. 52)
- Baltimore Pike (Rt. 1)
To report an issue with a State road (please see list above), including potholes and other road problems, please contact the PennDOT maintenance hotline at: 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623) or use this link to access PennDOT’s concern form.
Reporting potholes and other road problems on TOWNSHIP roads:
For problems with Township roads (any road not included in the list of State roads above), please call the Public Works Department at 610-444-1375 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting potholes and other road problems on PRIVATE roads within HOA developments, please contact your property management company and/or your elected Homeowners Association Board.
For dead deer removal:
Contact PennDOT at (484) 340-3200 for State roads only: Routes 926 (W. Street Rd.), 842 (Unionville-Wawaset Rd.), and 52 (Lenape Rd.), plus Pocopson, Lenape-Unionville, Wawaset, Red Lion and Northbrook Roads
Contact the PA Game Commission at (610) 926-3136 or (610) 926-1966 for Township roads only – i.e., any other road in the Township not identified above as a State road.
Charles Patton Middle School
760 Unionville Rd Kennett Square, PA 19348
Kennett Square Missionary
408 Bayard Rd Kennett Square, PA 19348
Willowdale Chapel has been moved to Charles Patton Middle School
School District Map
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District
Kennett Consolidated School District