East Marlborough Township, Chester County, PA is seeking a qualified applicant for the Public Works Department.
Public Works employees are responsible for the operation and maintenance of a variety of construction and maintenance equipment, as well as performing manual labor activities as needed and/or required. This position requires experience in road maintenance and repair, sanitary and storm sewer maintenance and repair, park maintenance, buildings and grounds maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operation of pick-up trucks, dump trucks, backhoe, loader, tractors, mowers, etc.
- Operation of power tools and equipment such as chainsaws, air compressors, pumps, etc.
- Snow and ice removal activities
- Tree trimming and brush chipping
- Mowing, weeding, planting, pruning, general landscaping activities
- Sanitary and storm sewer infrastructure maintenance and repairs
- Roads and bridges maintenance and repairs
- Equipment, facilities, and buildings general maintenance and housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned by the Public Works Director
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Valid Pennsylvania Commercial Driver’s License, class B with no air brake restrictions
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks
- Ability to walk, lift, and bend while carrying heavy objects
- Ability to be on call 24/7/365 to respond to emergencies and situations that require immediate action
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
The Township offers a very competitive benefits program; salary is dependent on qualifications. Qualified applicants should send a resume with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. East Marlborough Township is an equal opportunity employer.