Full-time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
East Marlborough Township, a 2nd Class Township located in Chester County, PA is looking for a highly motivated, skilled full-time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant to provide municipal accounting administrative support to the Township Manager, Township Treasurer, and elected five-member Board of Supervisors.
Generally, the Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for recording and maintaining financial records and general office administrative duties. Primary responsibilities include accounts payable and receivable, payroll, bank deposits, reconciliations, and other required reporting and performs a variety of clerical duties under the general direction of the Township Manager. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong analytical and mathematical, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The successful candidate must have strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures, payroll skills, and use of QuickBooks accounting software is required; the ability to exercise good judgment and tact when responding to Township resident and commercial constituent inquiries; the proficiency to learn new concepts and ideas concerning local government; and be able to effectively multitask, organize, complete and evaluate technical assignments. Expected work hours of 8 hours per day; 40 hours per week, Attendance at evening meetings is required.
Competitive salary range and excellent employer- paid benefits package. Actual salary to be based on qualifications/experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, and relationship development
- Payroll skills and use of QuickBooks accounting software is required; previous experience in accounting and QuickBooks or related programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Social Media web platforms, and willingness to learn new software
- Possess a Valid PA Driver’s License
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, elected and other municipal officials, partners and the public
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Neil Lovekin, Township Manager East Marlborough Township, 721 Unionville Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348, email@example.com. Email submissions must indicate a subject line of ‘Application – Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant.’ Applications will be accepted until 4:00 PM on October 29, 2021. Equal opportunity employer.