Board of Supervisors 7PM – 1/4/21
January 4, 2021
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS 7:00 P.M.
721 Unionville Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
- CALL TO ORDER
Present: Township Staff & Consultants:
Chairman McKinstry Ryan Jennings, Township Solicitor
Vice-Chairman Sarro Lisa Donlon, Township Engineer
Supervisor Monahan Neil Lovekin, Township Manager
Supervisor Vannote Hannah Christopher, Township Treasurer
Robert Clarke, Chief of Police
Jeff Simpson, Public Works Director
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- Shelley Mincer of Lantana Drive asked for the December 23rd Special meeting minutes to be amended to include her question on the demolition of the buildings by post office.
- Addendum attached with Ruthie Kranz-Carl’s email and comments of January 5th.
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
- UPCOMING EVENTS There are none.
- An announcement was made that there was an executive session held prior to the re-organization meeting to discuss legal matters pertaining to potential litigation.
- NEW BUSINESS
- The board approved the retention of an expert consultant for professional services pertaining to the pending legal matter. Vice Chair Monahan made a motion, supervisor Vannote seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-15
Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve Resolution NO 2021-15 for the deed of dedication for the UCFSD Right of way. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- CONTINUING BUSINESS
- Engineer Donlon recommended a release of $692,621.19 for Escrow Release #5 for Unionville Walk. Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve recommended release, Supervisor Matuszak seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- Engineer Donlon recommended approving the request from Northridge for escrow release #14 for Phase 1a/1b in amount of $101,899.80, and for phase 2 escrow release #3 1a/1b in the amount of $33,500.00. Supervisor Vannote made a motion, Vice Chair Monahan seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- Engineer Donlon recommended a release of $11,113.00 for Longwood Preserve, phase 1, escrow release #21. After discussion of non-payment of previous invoices, a motion was made to approve the release by Vice Chair Monahan, seconded by Supervisor Sarro. Motion carried 5-0.
- Vice Chair Monahan gave an update of the strategic plan. Vice Chair Monahan, Manager Lovekin had a zoom meeting on 12/30/20 with a consultant, named Nancy Hess who will do research and provide a proposal.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve the December 7th Board of Supervisor minutes, November 12th Special Meeting, December 23rd Special meeting minutes with amendment. Vice Chair Monahan seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- TREASURERS REPORT AND MONTHLY BILLS
A motion was made by Supervisor Vannote to approve the treasurers report and monthly bills with exception of two TPD invoices to be investigated. Vice Chair Monahan seconded the motion. Motion carried by a vote of 5-0, to approve the Treasurer’s Report and the Monthly Bills for the month of December 2020, as submitted.
All business having been discussed, a motion was made by Vice Chair Monahan, seconded by Supervisor Vannote, and carried by a vote of 5-0 to adjourn the meeting at 8:42 p.m.
Treasurer/Assistant Township Manager