Board of Supervisor’s Meeting – 7/13/20
July 13, 2020
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS 7:00 P.M.
721 Unionville Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
- CALL TO ORDER
Present: Township Staff & Consultants:
Chairman McKinstry Ryan Jennings, Township Solicitor
Vice-Chairman Sarro Lisa Donlon, Township Engineer
Supervisor Monahan Neil Lovekin, Township Manager
Supervisor Vannote Hannah Christopher, Township Treasurer
Robert Clarke, Chief of Police Jeff Simpson, Public Works Director
- RESOLUTION 2020-30; CODE OF CONDUCT
Chairman McKinstry discussed the Code of Conduct, and said that if somebody has something to discuss that is more than 5 minutes long, they could be placed on the agenda. The public comment period was moved to the back of the agenda so that the meeting could have those on the agenda not have to wait as long to present. Ruth Kranz – Carl of West Locust Drive said public comment should be in the beginning. Jim Chance of East Locust Lane wants to give feedback on the resolution; that it is suppressing freedom of speech. Shelly Mincer of Lantana Drive would like Public Comment at the beginning of the agenda. Ruth Kranz -Carl requested that West Locust traffic issue be on the agenda for the August 3rd meeting. Bill Messick of Fairthorne Drive wanted to confirm the traffic issue would be on the agenda for August 3rd.
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
- UPCOMING EVENTS Lacrosse Tournament Boys 7/18-7/19 Girls 8/1-8/2
Bob Dignazio from victory Lacrosse cam before the board and requested to have a tournament on July 18th and the 19th, and August 1-2 for the girls at Walker Field off Byrd Road. Approximately 250 individuals would be on the fields at each given hour during the day. Dignazio provided a written Covid Plan and policy for those attending the event and for the Board to review. The Board was concerned it was last minute and did not believe the preparations were made in time for this event. Due to the Covid 19 virus and last-minute application the special events were denied. Vice Chairman Sarro made a motion to deny the event, Supervisor Monahan seconded. The event was denied unanimously with a vote of 5-0.
An Executive Session was held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 to discuss a personnel matter.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Certified Local Governments Grant Program- Master Grant Contract
Certified Local Governments are eligible to apply for grants that support the community’s historical preservation programs. To help facilitate the transfer of these grants the Pennsylvania Historic and Museum Commission (PHMC) is implementing a new Master Grant Contract for the Certified Local Governments. Supervisor Matuszak made a motion to approve, Supervisor Vannote seconded, motion carried with a vote 5-0.
- Concerned Resident- Proposed Cell Tower at 940 Unionville Wawaset Rd. (Newlin Township) Liz Harrington of 115 Barnview Drive is concerned with the location of the proposed cell tower which will be in her view from her back yard. Planning Commission Chairman Walker stated that this type of use is permitted, and East Marlborough has no legal authority on what they do with application for the cell tower. Solicitor Jennings recommended the concerned residents contact Newlin Greene and ask to be participants in the July 22 hearing.
- Chester County Balloon Festival- September 11-13th Special Event Discussion
Due to Covid the original date of June 26th, 27th and 28th was postponed until September 11-13th for the festival. Deb Harding stated that if it must be limited to 250 attendees the balloon festival could not afford to have event. There is a concern from supervisors of having a large gathering during this time and the concern of bring in Covid. Supervisor made a motion to deny application at this time and defer consideration until Spring of 2021. Supervisor Matuszak seconded and the motion carried 5-0 to deny the event for September 11-13th.
- Unionville-Chadds Ford School District- Request for waiver of permit fees. The township is the only one in the state with two school districts and the taxpayers of East Marlborough Township who pay Kennett Consolidated School district taxes do no want to subsidize UCFSD permit fees. Supervisor Vannote made a motion, Supervisor Monahan seconded, motion carried with a vote 5-0 to deny request.
- RESOLUTION 2020-29; Agricultural Security Area Wickersham
A proposal for inclusion of the Wickersham Property, tax parcel 61-2-75 into the agricultural Security Area in East Marlborough Township. Supervisor Monahan made a motion, Supervisor Vannote seconded, motion carried with a vote 5-0.
- CONTINUING BUSINESS
- Longwood Preserve- Escrow Release #19 Vandermark and Lynch (V and L) recommended a release of $98,774.18. A revised escrow release would be submitted by V and L. Chairman McKinstry made a motion to approved revised escrow release, Vice Chairman Sarro seconded the motion. Motion carried with a vote of 5-0.
- Marlborough Springs- Escrow Release #9 V and L recommended a release of $87,675.43. Supervisor Monahan made a motion, Supervisor Matuszak seconded the motion. Motion carried with a 5-0 vote.
- Northridge -Escrow Release #8 V and L recommended a release of $51,921.15. Supervisor Vannote made a motion, Supervisor Monahan seconded the motion, motion carried with a 5-0 vote.
- Unionville Walk- Escrow Release #2 V and L recommended a release of $169,980.17. The dust controls have been addressed. Vice Chairman Sarro made a motion, Supervisor Matuszak seconded the motion, motion carried with a vote of 5-0.
- Walnut Walk- Escrow Release #15 V and L recommended a release of $58,550.00. Supervisor Monahan mention 7 dead trees that were part of Phase 1 in Walnut Walk. Supervisor Monahan made a motion, Vice Chairman Sarro seconded, motion carried with a vote of 5-0.
- PUBLIC COMMENT
Public Comment has been moved back to the beginning of the meeting. However, Andy Skean of Chalfont Drive did ask when Unionville Walk would plant the trees behind his house.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Supervisor Monahan made a motion to approve the minutes, Supervisor Matuszak seconded, motion carried with a vote of 5-0.
- TREASURERS REPORT AND MONTHLY BILLS
A motion was made by Supervisor Matuszak, seconded by Supervisor Monahan, and carried by a vote of 5-0, to approve the Treasurer’s Report and the Monthly Bills for the month of June 2020, as submitted.
All business having been discussed, a motion was made by Supervisor Vannote, seconded by Supervisor Monahan, and carried by a vote of 5-0 to adjourn the meeting at 10:05 p.m.
ONLINE PARTICIPATION ONLY
In an effort to minimize public exposure to COVID-19 and maintain social distancing, public meetings will be conducted via webinar and will be recorded. Neither Township officials nor members of the public will be able to participate in-person.
Members of the public may join online using an internet-enabled device at
https://www.gotomeet.me/EastMarlboroughTownship/board-of-supervisors-meeting or by calling the toll-free phone number: 1-866-899-4679. Members of the public electing to join by phone must use the code: 587-238-245 followed by the pound key (#) when prompted.
Public Comment will be heard during each agenda item when called upon by the Chair of the Board of Supervisors.
Questions may be submitted in advance to email@example.com.
If you require special accommodation, please call the Township office at 610-444-0725.
Board of Supervisors – MEETING AGENDA
Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7:00 P.M.
CLICK TO VIEW: PUBLIC PACKET
CALL TO ORDER
Resolution 2020-30: Code of Conduct
No new events
Executive Session held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020