Board of Supervisors 7PM – 4/5/21
April 5, 2021
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS 7:00 P.M.
721 Unionville Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
- CALL TO ORDER
Present: Township Staff & Consultants:
Chairman McKinstry Ryan Jennings, Township Solicitor
Vice-Chairman Monahan Lisa Donlon, Township Engineer
Supervisor Sarro Neil Lovekin, Township Manager
Supervisor Vannote Hannah Christopher, Township Treasurer
Robert Clarke, Chief of Police
- PUBLIC COMMENT
Andy Skean of Chalfont Road spoke of Toll Brothers Development and complained about noise as early as 6 a.m. on Easter Sunday. Manager Lovekin will address the issue with the site director at Unionville Walk.
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
- Upcoming Events:
The Lights Festival at Plantation Field will take place on April 23rd and 24th. This was approved at the March 1st Board of Supervisors Meeting.
An executive session was held prior to the Board of Supervisors meeting to discuss personnel and real estate matters.
- PROCLAMATION HONORING GERALD DAVIS- FORMER CHIEF OF POLICE
Supervisor Sarro made a motion to approve resolution 2021-01 – a proclamation honoring Gerald W. Davis, former Chief of Police of East Marlborough, who passed away recently. Vice Chair Monahan seconded. Motion Carried 5-0.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Denis Glaccum presented an outdoor event application for the plantation field trials in April 17-18, May 8-9, and June 5-6, 2021. Supervisor Vannote made a motion, Vice Chair Monahan seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- Christine Norland and Rob Daniels gave the Regional Trails Committee Update and County Multi Municipal Mapping Contract. Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve the mapping contract. Supervisor Matuszak seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Matuszak made a motion to approve the township agreement for the forested Buffer Restoration between Stroud Water Research and East Marlborough. Supervisor Vannote seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Gerry Baker from Traffic Planning and Design presented a speed study and crash report for a portion of route 82 required to reduce speed limit to 35 MPH. Supervisor Sarro made a motion to approve the recommendation from Traffic Planning and Design to reduce the speed limit to 35 MPH for the segment of road between Unionville Road (Route 82) and 926 (Doe Run Road). Vice Chair Monahan seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Sarro made a motion to approve the 2021 budgeted equipment purchase of a John Deer Gator from the Unionville Park Fund. Supervisor Matuszak seconded., motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Matuszak made a motion to authorize advertising publicly to increase the number of alternates on the zoning hearing board by two individuals. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-23
Supervisor Sarro made a motion to approve Resolution 2021-23, a resolution to establish a Young Lungs at Play program in the Unionville Park and playground area. Supervisor Vannote second, motion carried 5-0.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-24: PENNSYLVANIA SAFE DIGGING MONTH
Resolution No. 2021-24 is a resolution recognizing the month of April as “Pennsylvania Safe Digging Month”. Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve resolution 2021-24, Vice Chair Monahan second. Motion carried 5-0.
- CONTINUING BUSINESS
- A request for proposals for professional auditing services for the fiscal year 2021, will be published in the Daily Local News and posted on the township website on May 10th. Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve the RFP for auditing services for the year 2021. Supervisor Matuszak seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve a proposal to facilitate strategic planning by N.J. Hess Associates. Supervisor Vannote seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Tristan Ruh was not on call for to discuss the American Tower agreement.
- Manager Lovekin presented two applications which will be reviewed by the Zoning Hearing Board on May 12th at 7 p.m. virtually by a “Go to Meeting”. The applicants are Harold and Jennifer Ortiz of 104 Chalfont, and James and Carrie Lee of 213 Lily Lane. They will both go before the ZHB to ask for variances for swimming pools. (request for impervious coverage relief) No action taken.
- Engineer Donlon presented an escrow request from Northridge, phases 1a and 1b for $15,271.00 and $51,642.60 for Phase 2. Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve the escrow release #17 recommended by Engineer Donlon, Vice Chair Monahan seconded, Motion carried 5-0.
- Engineer Donlon recommended an escrow release for UCFSD Release #2 in the amount of $40,870.00. Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve the recommended release for UCFSD. Supervisor Matuszak seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve a letter in support of Chester County’s application to the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Community Recreation and Conservation Planning grant program to review and update their county wide rivers conservation plan, Watersheds. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Supervisor Sarro made a motion to approve the March minutes as submitted. Vice Chair Monahan seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- TREASURERS REPORT AND MONTHLY BILLS
A motion was made by Vice Chair Monahan to approve the treasurers report and monthly bills. Supervisor Sarro seconded. seconded the motion. Motion carried by a vote of 5-0, to approve the Treasurer’s Report and the Monthly Bills for the month of March 2021, as submitted.
All business having been discussed, a motion was made by Vice Chair Monahan, seconded by Supervisor Vannote, and carried by a vote of 5-0 to adjourn the meeting at 8:56 p.m.
Treasurer/Assistant Township Manager
ONLINE PARTICIPATION ONLY
In an effort to minimize public exposure to COVID-19 and maintain social distancing, public meetings will be conducted via webinar. Neither Township officials nor members of the public will be able to participate in person.
Members of the public may join online using an internet-enabled device at the following web link: https://www.gotomeet.me/NeilLovekin/board-of-supervisors, or by calling the toll-free phone number: 1 877 309 2073. Members of the public electing to join by phone must use the code: 441-700-533 followed by the pound key (#) when prompted.
Public Comment will be heard during each agenda item when called upon by the Chair of the Board of Supervisors. Questions may be submitted in advance to email@example.com. If you require special accommodation, please call the Township office at 610-444-0725.
Click to view Board Packet: April5th_BoardPacket
CALL TO ORDER
- UPCOMING EVENTS – The Lights Festival at Plantation Field, April 23rd and 24th
- ANNOUNCEMENTS – Executive Session held prior to tonight’s meeting to discuss personnel and real estate matters.
PROCLAMATION HONORING GERALD W. DAVIS – FORMER CHIEF OF POLICE
- Outdoor Event Applications – Plantation Fields Horse Trails – April, May, June 2021
- Regional Trails Committee Update & County Multi-Municipal Mapping Contract
- Township Agreement for Forested Buffer Restoration – Stroud Water Research Center
- Route 82 Speed Study – Segment from Route 926 to Doe Run Road
- 2021 Budgeted Equipment Purchase – Unionville Park Fund – John Deere Gator
- Increasing the Number of Alternates on the Zoning Hearing Board
RESOLUTION NO. 2021-23: YOUNG LUNGS AT PLAY PROGRAM
RESOLUTION NO. 2021-24: PENNSYLVANIA SAFE DIGGING MONTH
- Request for Proposals: Professional Auditing Services for Fiscal Year 2021
- Contract Agreement – N.J. Hess Associates, LLC. – Strategic Planning
- Term Agreement for Orchard Valley PA American Tower
- Consideration of Zoning Hearing Board Applications:
- 213 Lily Lane – Variance Request for Impervious Coverage Relief
- 104 Chalfont Road – Variance Request for Impervious Coverage Relief
- Northridge, Phase 1a/1b – Escrow Release #17
- Unionville-Chadds Ford School District – Escrow Release #2
- Township Letter of Support for Chester County Grant Application for Watersheds Plan
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
TREASURER’S REPORT & MONTHLY BILLS