Board of Supervisors 7PM – 3/1/21
March 1, 2021
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS 7:00 P.M.
721 Unionville Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
- CALL TO ORDER
Present: Township Staff & Consultants:
Chairman McKinstry Ryan Jennings, Township Solicitor
Vice-Chairman Monahan Lisa Donlon, Township Engineer
Supervisor Sarro Neil Lovekin, Township Manager
Supervisor Vannote Hannah Christopher, Township Treasurer
Robert Clarke, Chief of Police
Jeff Simpson, Public Works Director
- PUBLIC COMMENT
Shelley Mincer of Lantana Drive mentioned a pothole on route 82. Mincer also spoke of a gentleman who has been helping to clear the park sidewalks and wanted to give him credit. His name is David Morse. Mincer asked about winter maintenance at the park.
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
- There are no upcoming events.
- There was an executive session held prior to tonight’s meeting to discuss personnel and real estate matters.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Nancy Hess of NJ Hess Associates presented an update on a proposal to facilitate a strategic plan. The first steps of the strategic plan will be an interview conducted by Hess to each Supervisor individually. There was discussion between supervisors, Hess and residents with regards to the plan and the process. No action is being taken at this time.
- Chairman McKinstry made a motion to approve Resolution 2021-22 for Plan Revision for the new land development for Longwood Gardens and their Sewer Facilities Planning Module. The Planning Commission had previously approved at their last meeting after review. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Supervisor Sarro made a motion to approve the Lights Festival on April 23rd and 24th at Plantation Field with proper COVID 19 protocols in place. Supervisor Matuszak seconded; motion carried 5-0. Rhonda Anderson of Longwood Road sent an email with her objections. It is attached to the end of the minutes. Her concerns were addressed by Colin Maci, Lights Festival Organizer.
- Debbie Harding and Rick Schimpf presented dates for their upcoming Chester County Balloon Festival to be held on September 10th-12th 2021 at Willowdale Steeple Chase Field. After discussion amongst the Board and Police Chief, a decision was postponed until more details can be presented at a future meeting. No action was taken.
- Engineer Donlon presented an escrow release request from Longwood Preserve in the amount of $2,606,938.13 for phase 1 Closeout and the Phase 2 Escrow Release. Supervisor Sarro made a motion to approve the requested amount of $2,606,938.13 for the Phase 1 and Phase 2 release for Longwood Preserve. Supervisor Vannote seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve Resolution No. 2021-20, authorizing participation in the PLGIT Procurement Card Program. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve Resolution No. 2021-21 authorizing participation in the 457(b) deferred compensation plans for township employees. Supervisor Sarro seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Manager Lovekin presented a Request for Proposals for professional auditing services for the year 2021. The proposal is being reviewed by Solicitor Jennings. No action was taken.
- A letter from the Executive Director of Philadelphia Solar Energy Association was presented to the board with regards to township support for low-income equality in clean energy transition. No action was taken.
- CONTINUING BUSINESS
- Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve the consideration of the Zoning Hearing Board Sign Variance for Super Cuts Hair Salon at 817 E. Baltimore Pike. The hearing will take place at 7 p.m. on March 17th Supervisor Sarro seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- A litter control plan was presented by Jackie Bacchus, manager, from Wal Mart which was requested from the Board at the February meeting. No action was taken.
- Chair McKinstry made a motion to approve conditionally, based on the litter control, the temporary permit #1 for the outdoor garden center, at Wal Mart (Dan Schants Farm and Greenhouses, LLC) and the temporary permit #2 for TNT Fireworks display. Vice Chair Monahan seconded; motion carried 5-0.
- Engineer Donlon presented an escrow request from Northridge, phases 1a and 1b for $15,391.88. Supervisor Vannote made a motion to approve the escrow release recommended by Engineer Donlon, Vice Chair Monahan seconded, Motion carried 5-0.
- Engineer Donlon recommended an escrow release for UCFSD Release #1 in the amount of $86,811.00. Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve the recommended release for UCFSD. Supervisor Matuszak seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Vice Chair Monahan made a motion to approve the February minutes as submitted. Supervisor Vannote seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
- TREASURERS REPORT AND MONTHLY BILLS
Assistant Manager Hannah Christopher spoke of the passing of long-time employee Sally Duff. A fund has been set up at Brandywine art museum in her memory. The Board approved a donation to the art acquisition fund in her name. Chairman McKinstry made a motion to donate $250.00 in Sally Duff’s memory to the museum. Supervisor Vannote seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
Supervisor Sarro asked about the transfer of funds from the General Fund plus account to the Building Fund. Supervisor Sarro made a motion to transfer $200,000.00 to the Building Fund. Vice Chair Monahan seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
A motion was made by Vice Chair Monahan to approve the treasurers report and monthly bills. Supervisor Sarro seconded. seconded the motion. Motion carried by a vote of 5-0, to approve the Treasurer’s Report and the Monthly Bills for the month of February 2021, as submitted.
All business having been discussed, a motion was made by Vice Chair Monahan, seconded by Supervisor Vannote , and carried by a vote of 5-0 to adjourn the meeting at 10:22 p.m.
Treasurer/Assistant Township Manager
ONLINE PARTICIPATION ONLY
In an effort to minimize public exposure to COVID-19 and maintain social distancing, public meetings will be conducted via webinar. Neither Township officials nor members of the public will be able to participate in person.
Members of the public may join online using an internet-enabled device at the following web link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/952037453, or by calling the toll-free phone number: 1 877 309 2073. Members of the public electing to join by phone must use the code: 952-037-453 followed by the pound key (#) when prompted.
Public Comment will be heard during each agenda item when called upon by the Chair of the Board of Supervisors. Questions may be submitted in advance to email@example.com. If you require special accommodation, please call the Township office at 610-444-0725.
CALL TO ORDER
- Executive Session held prior to tonight’s meeting to discuss personnel and real estate matters.
- Strategic Plan Presentation & Proposal – N.J. Hess Associates, LLC.
- Longwood Gardens – PA DEP Component 4 Sewage Planning Module
- The Lights Festival – Special Event Consideration – April 23 & 24, 2021
- Chester County Balloon Festival – Special Event Consideration – Sept. 10-12, 2021
- Longwood Preserve, Phase 2 – Escrow Approval for Phase 2 Construction
- PLGIT Procurement Card Program – Township Enrollment Agreement
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-20: AUTHORIZING PARTICIPATION IN THE PLGIT PROCUREMENT CARD PROGRAM
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan for Township Employees – CBIZ Investment Advisory Services, LL
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-21: AUTHORIZING PARTICIPATION IN THE 457(b) DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN
- Request for Proposals: Professional Auditing Services for Fiscal Year 2021
- Township Support for Low Income Equality in Clean Energy Transition
- Consideration of ZHB Sign Variance – Super Cuts Hair Salon – 817 E. Baltimore Pike
- Walmart – Property Litter Control Plan
- Dan Schantz Farm & Greenhouses, LLC – Temporary Permit #1 Renewal at Walmart
- TNT Fireworks Tent Display – Temporary Permit #2 Renewal at Walmart
- Consideration of Term Agreement for Orchard Valley PA American Tower
- Northridge, Phase 1a/1b – Escrow Release #16
- Unionville-Chadds Ford School District – Escrow Release #1
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- TREASURER’S REPORT & MONTHLY BILLS