HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) DISPOSAL GUIDELINES
- No commercial waste – The county will not accept any commercial or industrial generated hazardous waste.
- No illegal materials – The county will not accept any materials that cannot be legally disposed of at a hazardous waste facility.
- No mixing – Do not mix materials.
- Tighten all lids – If containers are leaking, pack in a larger container with newspaper to soak up the leaks.
- Items must be identifiable – Bring all substances in original containers with labels.
- 25 gallon/220 pound limit – The maximum amount accepted is 25 gallons or 220 pounds. No 25 or 50 gallon drums.
DOES NOT ACCEPT HAZARDOUS WASTE AT THE LANCHESTER LANDFILL.
These words identify household hazardous waste (HHW). Items marked as such should be disposed of accordingly:
HHW COLLECTION DATES
HHW APRIL 4TH EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND GOVERNOR WOLF’S DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY DISASTER.
Businesses and contractors will be turned away.