Is your stream getting deeper or wider? Are you losing some of your land every time it rains? Have you wondered why your streambanks are changing so rapidly and what you can do about that? Join Penn State Extension for the Backyard Stream Repair Series focused on repairing your backyard stream. Each session will present a step-by-step DIY process for homeowners and landowners. The techniques are meant to be simple and affordable, and the benefits are wide-ranging.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
(2:00 PM – 3:30 PM ET)
Oct. 11, 13, 18, 25, & 27, 2022
Participants will have the chance to interact live with our experts and ask questions, or can watch recordings at your own pace.
Participants in this workshop will receive a complimentary copy of our full-color manual, Simple Solutions for Your Eroding Backyard Stream (United States addresses only).
Participants will also secure an invitation to future hands-on field workshops, open only to webinar registrants, which will be offered across Pennsylvania (as in-person events are possible and sites permit).
Who is this for?
- Landowners with a stream on their property
- Those interested in streambank repair
What will you learn?
Backyard Stream Repair can lead to:
- Improved bank stability and reduced erosion, saving property from washing away
- Added aesthetic property value
- A new sense of place and reduced noise
- Less cost and need for mowing, watering, and fertilizing
- Intercepted and reduced water pollution
- Available habitat for many types of wildlife (butterflies, hummingbirds, frogs, dragonflies, and more)
- Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professionals (CBLP) CEUs will be awarded to those attending live presentations
- ISA Certified Arborist CEUs will be awarded to those attending live presentations
- Landscape Architecture CEUs and Engineering Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be awarded through a certificate for those attending live presentations
- Certificates of attendance are available upon request for those attending live presentations
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinars.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recordings.