East Marlborough Township
Minutes of July 5, 2017
Cuyler Walker, chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. in the township building. Additional Commissioners present: Charles Streitwieser, Jane Donze, and Mary Nell Ferry. There was a quorum present.
- Public Comment Period
No representation from the public present.
- Minutes of May 30, 2017
Motion to approve minutes of the May30, 2017 Planning Meeting as submitted by Daniele Whittaker,Secretary. Motion approved.
- Pratt Line Change, Presented by Dick Pratt
Applicant presented Final Subdivision Plan (Lot Line Adjustment) along with review letter from James Hatfield, Township Engineer, to Planning Commission seeking comments and input. The purpose of the plan is to “move” the lot lines that separate parcel 61-5-152 and 61-5-152.2. The resultant line adjustment would convey 0.371 acres from parcel 61-5-152.2 to parcel 61-5-152. The subdivision would reduce the size of parcel 61-5-152.2 from 2.111 acres to 1.740 acres. The plan does not propose any construction.
Variance which was granted on June 7, 2017 was based on the representations of the gross lot area. Township Engineer has no technical objections to the granting of the requested waivers because; there is no proposed construction, the outbound property if fully marked with existing monuments, pins, or pipes; and, the setback information is listed in the zoning requirement notes. The variance is granted subject to two following conditions (which should be placed in Note 4 of the plans):
- The land removed from UPI No. 61-5-152.2 shall be added to, and become a part of, the Richard and Kathy property, UPI No. 61-5-152, and shall be treated as a separate lot for any purposes.
- The land removed from UPI No. 61-5-152.2 shall not be included in any lot area, lot coverage, lot density or similar calculations for the Richard and Kathy Pratt property, UPI No. 61-5-152, now or in the future, notwithstanding that it will now become a part of the UPI No. 6105-152.
The Commission unanimously recommend approval of the subdivision plan.
- Clark Realty Conditional Use, Represented by Amee Farrell
Amee Farrell, representative for Clark Kennett Realty Partners, L.P. presented plans for opening an Aldi Supermarket at 817 E. Baltimore Pike, to replace the existing Sears Hardware upon its closing.
The sketch plans offer no additions or modifications to the site other than elevation. Applicant desires to ‘revitalize and improve the façade of the existing building” by creating a more modern look but the Commission reminded the applicant that the Township requires brick store fronts and that the building should be kept as close to the color brick as possible.
James, Hatfield, Township Engineer offered comments regarding the following:
- Parking- Applicant should present evidence of the parking needs of the proposed use to demonstrate that the 95 parking spaces are sufficient.
- Proximity of Parking- Parking within 40 feet of the right-of-way of Route 1 is not permitted.
- Landscape- Parking lot landscaping is required per Section 1812.C. The site appears to meet the 10% interior landscaping requirement. The applicant should demonstrate that the existing landscape material (trees and shrubs) meets the requirements.
- Screening- Screening of parking lots along public streets is required per Section 1812.D.2.c.
- Loading Dock- The existing loading dock is located approximately 50’ from the side property line and 300’ from the residentially-zoned property to the rear. The Board is permitted to approve a lesser setback than the 100’ required to the side property line. The applicant should be able to demonstrate that proposed delivery trucks for the super market use can circulate through the site.
At this time the Commission has requested that at the close of the Conditional Use Hearing, scheduled for July 19, 2017, the record is kept open so that the Planning Commission may submit comments and recommendations. The Commission took no action at this time.
- CJK Revised Plan Review, Presented by John Jaros
Applicant met with Commission seeking clarification and direction regarding instruction given by Lisa L. Thomas of Glackin Thomas Panzak, Land Planning, on the removal of invasive species of plantings/vegetation along the stream corridor of the Schoolhouse Townhome Community known as Longwood Preserve. The applicant is concerned that the removal of this vegetation will disturb not only the plantings but the natural habitat of the wildlife. The Commission, like the Township believes in preserving wildlife and trees and shrubs as much as possible. Without actually visiting the site to determine exactly what type of vegetation Lisa Thomas is referring it is not possible for the Commission to offer comments. The Commission has agreed to set a date to meet at the site along with Lisa Thomas, and the applicant to further review the vegetation and habit in order to make a decision.
The Commission unanimously approved the Sewage Facility Planning Module of CKJ.
Adjournment 8:35 p.m.
Daniele Whittaker, Secretary
EAST MARLBOROUGH TOWNSHIP
AGENDA – July 5, 2017 – 7:00 P.M.
Call to Order
Public Comment Period
Minutes of May 30, 2017
Pratt Lot Line Change, presented by Dick Pratt
Clark Realty Conditional Use, represented by Amee Farrell
CJK Revised Plan review, represented by John Jaros